Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Cybils Awards Time (Almost!)

Okay, this is exciting! I'm going to be a Cybils Awards judge in Round 2 for the Middle Grade Science Fiction/Fantasy category. Woo-hoo! Click here for a complete list of this year's judges, also FAQs and other info.

In case you haven't heard, the Cybils are the kidlit blogging community's version of the Newberys. We even have a graphic novel category! Finalists will be announced on January 1 and winners on February 14, 2011.

So what's your part, besides sitting back and rooting for your favorite book? Well, from October 1-15, you'll be able to nominate your picks for the best children's books of 2010. Any reader, blogger, writer, publisher, kid, parent, or miscellaneous humanoid can nominate books for the Cybils. (Though please note that once one person nominates a book, it's in the running; multiple nominations are not necessary.)

Be thinking about your favorites!

4 comments:

Deva Fagan said...

Congrats on being a judge! I just saw that and was thinking "Yay, Kate!" I hope there are lots of great books nominated/selected for you to read.

Speaking of which, I should go refresh my own memory of what I've read this year...

Kate Coombs said...

Thanks, Deva! It's been a good year for sci-fi/fantasy, so this will be very fun.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Excellent choice by the committee to pick the committee.

Kate Coombs said...

Thank you, David! I have now visited your blog and have not only added your funny trailer to my review of BHS, but have lowercased the i in Macinnis.