Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pottermore Gearing Up

You may have already heard, but just in case: J.K. Rowling is starting up a new, interactive website about the Harry Potter books. She is also making the series available in e-book format.

The website will include "elements of computer gaming, social networking, and an online store," according to this news article. Most notably, it will provide 18,000 words' worth of new Harry Potter material, things like background information on the formation of the Hogwarts houses.

Also, the first million people to sign up for the new site will help add to its design beginning July 31. The rest of us can visit the revised site in October.

And yes, you will be able to go to the site and get sorted into a Hogwarts house by the Sorting Hat. I just hope any little kids who are assigned to Slytherin don't pursue the path of eeeee-vil!

1 comment:

Deirdra Eden-Coppel said...

You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with the Best Books Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

I invite you to follow me, if you haven’t already done so, since we have a lot in common, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!
Take care:-)

Go to and pick up your award.


Since you are an avid reader I was wondering if I could interview you and get your insights into the books you enjoy.

I'm also looking to interview published authors (agented, self published, small press, etc.) to find out what they wrote and what the pathway to publishing was like for them.

Let me know if you are interested in being interviewed and I will send over the questions you can fill out at your leisure. My email address is Guidedhope (at)gmail(dot)com.