Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chili Dip at the Poetry Potluck

I've been following several National Poetry Month blog events religiously, but my three favorites are Gottabook's 30 Poets in 30 Days, The Miss Rumphius Effect's Teaching Poetry in the Classroom, and Poetry Potluck at Jama Rattigan's Alphabet Soup.

Anyway, today it's my turn to make a guest appearance at the Poetry Potluck. I share three poems from an unpublished collection about a Latina child in L.A., along with my favorite quick, sure-fire recipe for chili dip. Take a look!

Note: My first poetry collection comes out next spring, a book of ocean poems titled The Water Sings Blue from Chronicle, illustrated by Meilo So.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Loved the potluck poetry post! Your poems are fabulous and the pictures were perfectly matched. The photo of the paletas inside the card is the best! Did you take them? Can't wait to see the book.

Kate Coombs said...

Thanks, Tanya! I can't take the credit for the photos, though. Jama comes up with amazing photos for all of her posts. (And I don't know which of this month's recipes to try first! Maybe the lemon waffles...)

Anonymous said...

NOW I am hungry...