Saturday, November 14, 2009

Book Lists and Other Bits of Niceness

Here are a few notes from the writing side of things, which will, coincidentally enough, give you two terrific lists of books to browse.

My newest book, The Runaway Dragon, has been nominated for the Cybils (the children's book bloggers' awards) and for an American Library Association YALSA Best Books for Young Adults list. When I look at the august company I'm keeping on these lists, I get a little faint of breath and even heart, but then, how nice just to have my book nominated!

The other good news is that I now have a literary agent, Brenda Bowen of Sanford J. Greenburger Associates. Hooray! Brenda's children's book blog is called Bunny Eat Bunny if you'd like to take a look.

Again, click on the lists to find all kinds of good book picks. The Cybils link above is focused on sci-fi/fantasy, but here's the link to the complete menu of nomination categories.

Note: This painting is called "Autumn," and it's by Giuseppe Arcimboldo (1573).

No comments: