Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Diana Wynne Jones Week

It's Diana Wynne Jones Week over at Jenny's Books, and while I won't be posting a new review because I'm wrapping up summer school and my head feels like it's going to fall off any second now, I will refer you to my previous posts about the inimitable Ms. Jones: "The Queen of Children's Fantasy" and a recent review of Enchanted Glass, her newest book.

My own favorites are probably Dogsbody, Charmed Life, The Lives of Christopher Chant, Archer's Goon, Howl's Moving Castle, and Cart and Cwidder, but really, I like just about everything she's ever written. Oh, I highly recommend her Tough Guide to Fantasyland to anyone who reads or writes fantasy! Thanks to her entry on "Stew," I always make sure my own characters' meals aren't repetitive and boring.

It is with great sadness that those of us in the children's book community learned that Diana is fighting cancer. She is in our thoughts and prayers.

Visit Jenny's Books to link to reviews of Diana Wynne Jones favorites from the blog community this week and to read Jenny's "keynote addresses."

No comments: