Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bestsellers and the Big 30

Greg of GottaBook has news for us. First, a link to a Publishers Weekly breakdown of Bestselling Children's Books—by dollar amounts. Discover how Stephenie Meyer still outsells everybody on the planet! Watch Fancy Nancy add lace to dollar bills! See where the celebrity authors' books and Disney tie-ins fall, not to mention your own favorites!

Now, April is National Poetry Month, and that means it's nearly time for Greg's 30 Poets/30 Days event, which I visited joyfully last year. Basically, Greg has invited 30 children's poets to contribute poems, one for each day of April. Even more fun, all of the poems will be previously unpublished. Here's the announcement with a list of participating poets, including great names like Bobbie Katz, Alice Schertle, and Laura Purdie Salas.

3 comments:

Greg Pincus said...

Thanks, Kate! I'm looking forward to the month o' fun quite a bit, I must say.

Anonymous said...

It just made my morning to see my name listed with Bobbi Katz and Alice Schertle! Thanks:>)

Kate Coombs said...

You're welcome! I'll be visiting daily to read the poems.